Los Lunas Animal Clinic is constantly striving to provide better service for our equine patients and clients. We offer Wellness Programs and perform common surgeries and procedures, as well as specialty surgeries. We firmly believe preventive medicine is the best medicine; therefore, we recommend that you put your horses on a Preventicare Program or our Equine Wellness Program. These programs consist of dewormers, annual exams, vaccinations, dental care, and nutritional counseling. These programs greatly reduce your horse’s risk of disease and colic.
Our state-of-the-art equine surgery center has proved to be a much needed contribution to our community. This facility along with the new advanced high tech equipment provides our doctors with the ability to perform many much needed equine surgical procedures for horse owners.
The center has two adjustable sets of indoor stocks for any minor surgical procedure. A large padded recovery stall, an equine hoist or safe mobility, and a separate surgical suite, all custom-built for cleanliness and efficiency. All equipment accommodates draft horses down to miniatures.
We have a the highest quality gas anesthesia called Sevoflurane. Our anesthesia equipment include an Equine Ventilator, ECG, Invasive Blood Pressure, Pulse Oximetry & Demand Valve. Our center has an (ICU), Indoor Intesive Care Unit for critically ill patients, such as foals and colics.
COMMON SURGERIES AVAILABLE AT LOS LUNAS ANIMAL CLINIC
- Bladder Stones
- Hernia Repair
- Cryptorchids-all types
- Penile Masses/Amputations
- Hip Hoisting for Dystocia
- Cesarean Sections
- Third Degree Vaginal Tears
- Urine Pooling
- Laryngeal Hemiplegia
- Endoscopy and all Tracheal Procedures
- Forsalls- for Wind Sucking
- Sinus Surgeries
- Hoof Wall Repairs/Resections
- Tendon Surgeries- many types
- Periosteal Stripping/Stapling
- Severe Wound Repairs/Casting/Reconstructive Surgery
- Splint Removals
- Enucleations/Prosthesis/Cataract Removal
- Molar Extractions and Severe Dental Problems
- Corneal Lacerations/Conjunctival Flaps
- Mandibular or Maxillary Fractures
- Dentigerous Cysts/Atheromas